Monday, July 28, 2008

I Know, It Has Been A While.

My goodness, there is a lot to say. The 4th of July was fun. Thank goodness the twins were in a good mood.

My parents came up for the weekend and we went to the parade on Saturday here in town. Sorry to the local townfolk, but I was not impressed, though the babies loved watching everything go by. After an couple of naps and a few feedings, we went to Laurie's house to watch the fireworks. I thought for sure the girls were going to hate the noise, but they loved it! Savannah watched the whole time while Brandon held her, and Summer slept through half of it on my shoulder.

Brandon had a birthday on the 11th. He is now 28 years young! Happy belated birthday hun, I love you!

Brooke and Blake had their birthday on the 13th. They are now 18 years old and going to be Big Bad Siniors. You will have to read Kandra's blog about who got to celebrate the big day first for the first time ever and why.

I went to my Mom's house for 5 days. HOT is not even the right word to describe the valley! God shouldn't allow it to get that hot anywhere but in hell. It was nice to spend time with my sisters and share the twins with everybody. They were all more than willing to change a diaper or give them a bottle. It was nice to have a break.

Two days after I got back, the girls went in for their 4 month well-check. Summer was 11.5 and Savannah was 13.7. They got their shots, which broke my heart, and diagnosed with thrush. They were cranky for a few days, but are much better now.

It is so funny how they sleep. I will put them down longways in the crib right next to each other with their feet touching the end,
They will move to the other end of the crib in their sleep one night, or spin circles the next. They always end up scadywhampus, but they HAVE to be touching each other in some way,
even if it isn't a nice way;We finally got some medicine for Summer's colic. She is much better now, and the "about to lose my mind" feeling has mostly gone away. Savannah is teething, so that feeling might come back fairly soon.

2 comments:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

Hey good to see you back. I think it is the cutest thing ever to see that they always have to be touching when they are asleep. They are the cutest girls! I know it's brobably hard but try to make time for yourself and don't feel guilty for it!

Blain&Deedra said...

SO Stinking CUTE! I love it, and I know exactly what it's all about. The screaming from the other room when one is on top of the other.