Jennifer Lopez’s adorable infants appear on the cover of People Magazine with the caption “Twin Bliss”. While most of us remember that blissful feeling when our twins were born, we also remember those less than blissful moments when both babies were crying at the same time, not sleeping at the same time, and eating all the time. Twin bliss for most moms of twins might not include diamond engraved rattles or 600 count Egyptian cotton linen. Rather, it may be something like this . . .
My Twin Bliss Wish List:
1.Four pair of hands, two laps, and a pain-free nursing experience
2.A breast pump that works while I sleep
3.A husband who comes home from work and lovingly suggests that I go out with my girlfriends for dinner because I need a well-deserved break
4.A food delivery service guaranteed to put a healthy and delicious dinner on the dining room table every night
5.A genie committed solely to the task of doing laundry and cleaning
6.A fairy godmother who appears every night for a year so that she can help me take care of the babies so that I can replenish my sleep deprived body and psyche
7.A sound, deep, refreshing sleep full of wonderful dreams where I do not wake up worried that someone is crying
8.A trainer coming to work out privately with me three times a week so that I get back into shape and feel great
9.The perfect nanny/babysitter available on weekdays, weekends, and evenings – her schedule is arranged so that she is free whenever I need her
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Twin Bliss Wish List
Posted by Brandon and Amber Owens at 1:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I wish I could give you fulfill your wish list! I'm sure I will have my hands full with just one!
Oh goodness...that was a good post. Just one baby makes me want that list let alone two. It does get a little easier as they get older. Hang in there!
Post a Comment